Fame, Fate and the First Kiss - Kasie West

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Lacey Barnes has dreamt of being in a movie for as long as she can remember. However, while her dream did include working alongside the hottest actor in Hollywood, it didn’t involve having to finish up her senior year of high school at the same time she was getting her big break. Although that is nothing compared to Donavan, the straight-laced student her father hires to tutor her, who is a full-on nightmare.

As Lacey struggles to juggle her burgeoning career, some on-set sabotage, and an off-screen romance with the unlikeliest of leading men, she quickly learns that sometimes the best stories happen when you go off script.

Fame, Fate and the First Kiss was a very fresh, fun book. I became a Kasie West fan last year and I’ve enjoyed all of her books. This time it wasn’t the exception. I found an easy-to-read story, with interesting and likeable characters. I read it very quickly and I had a good time reading it (I was actually bored, on a plane while I read it and it was just what I needed to endure the trip).
The only negative thing I can say about Kasie’s new book is that it wasn’t as relatable as her other books. I mean, it’s understandable because this time we’re talking about actors and movies and I know nothing about that world, so…it’s not something you’re going to be related to. But you can feel related to Lacey’s feelings and worries, because in the end she’s a teenager. And there’s also the relationship with her father and all the stuff about being away from her friends and everything she used to know. But Kasie deals with all those issues in a lighter way, making it a story you can easily get lost in and enjoy at the end.
I really like Lacey, she was awesome and very funny. I liked Donavan as well, he was so cute! I even liked Grant!
However, I’ve got to admit that the zombies part and the final part were a bit silly, but silly was just what I needed, so, it worked perfectly fine for me.


View all my reviews

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top