The Rain Watcher (Reseña)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Rain Watcher is a compelling and very interesting story. It is about family, about secrets and revelations, about second chances.
I have to say it is a complex story, with complex characters. And, since it isn’t a story just about the present, at first it wasn’t easy to read. But once you get trapped in the story and you get to read all the flashbacks everything starts to make sense and you know how things happened and how they led to this moment. Like I said, there were parts that were not so easy to read, either because they were touching or because they were, sometimes, very slow (there is a lot of background); but I think it is actually a book you have to read slowly, to fully understand and enjoy it.
At first, we only get to know Linden, but then we know more characters. I liked Linden the best, however I could not like Tilia and Lauren.
They were some scenes that were beautiful (like one with Linden and Paul), I liked reading about Linden and his work. Also, I liked that it’s set in Paris, not just the city that we know but the real city with problems and in a difficult situation. I actually have never thought about what It’d like in the case of a flood and it was interesting to read about that.
Overall, I relished the story, although the flashbacks don’t always work for me and in this case they made it hard to read but I liked the story in the end and I enjoyed reading it.

View all my reviews

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top