Fromage à Trois (Reseña)

4 / 5 stars

This book draw my attention right from the start with the name and cover. Reading the description and knowing it was set in Paris and that was about a girl close to her thirties, only added to my wanting to read the book.
Of course, the cheese part seemed strange at first, but along the pages as the story progresses, that part becomes unique and quite interesting.
The story is easy to read, it is funny, riveting and has a great pace. I really liked Ella, her character was complex and her way to think was very amusing. Serge was a lovely character as well, and I liked Clothilde and Billie as Ella’s best friends.
In this book, we get to see Ella managing living in Paris on her own; a new life with a whole new set of opportunities. Nevertheless, of course, things get complicated along the way… It was nice reading about her worries and I felt related to most of them (also, I would love to live in Paris for a year!). I loved reading about Paris, its cheese and wine (and it left me starving a bit every time I read about it). I kind of liked how it doesn’t focus the regularly covered places in Paris, even though I adore Paris and its beautiful, tourist sites, I also enjoyed reading about other places in the book.
In addition, I appreciated that the book was not just about romance but also about taking chances, finding yourself and about friendship. Overall, I deeply enjoyed the story and had a very good time reading it.

View all my reviews

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top