Christmas at the Chalet - Reseña

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Christmas at the chalet is a sweet, cozy story. Even when it actually starts after Christmas, I think it is a perfect read for the holidays. I had never read anything by Anita but I have to say I expected a little bit more.
Of course there things I loved, like the setting. The whole St. Moritz setting was done in a wonderful way. I also loved the detailed writing that makes the reading experience very rich and interesting.
However, I think that the story was not believable enough. At least for me, it was difficult to understand the actions and reactions of the characters, especially Felicity.
There are also too many stories. I enjoyed both Felicity’s and Nell’s, but I was not very fond of Patty’s and Tod’s (Nell’s parents).
There is also little romance. I thought it lacked romanticism and chemistry.
The book is interesting to keep you reading, you want to know what is going to happen (although is bit predictable) and it is easy to read and you can finish it in one sitting. I loved reading about fashion and wedding dresses and about the delicious food and scenery that is described. Nevertheless, there was something missing. I would love to read more books by Anita anyway.
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the digital copy.

View all my reviews

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top