Until the Last Star Fades - Jacquelyn Middleton (Reseña)

Until the Last Star FadesUntil the Last Star Fades by Jacquelyn Middleton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

UTLSF tells Riley and Ben’s story and how after a strange luggage mix-up their paths intertwine. As they get closer and they start being around each other and having fun, they start to know more about the other. It’s then when we start to see that this story is not only about them, and not just about romance. UTLSF is so much more; I thought it was a deep, emotional story. It was packed with a wide range of feelings, and very sweet and hopeful. Also, it has great, lovely and complex characters that I really liked. I loved Riley; she was brave and strong despite having issues on her own. I liked Maggie and Piper too, they were great secondary characters and they added a lot to the story (Casey I didn't like so much, I don’t know why…). And… just when I thought Mark Keegan (from LBTM) would forever be my #1 book boyfriend Benjamin Fagan appeared to fight for that spot! (Seriously, I refuse to decide which one I love the most).
I don’t know how to express all the things that the story made me feel without giving away spoilers. However, I can say that even when some parts were not so easy-to-read (especially if you have or had had even a slightly similar situation to Riley’s) the rhythm was very fluid and I couldn’t stop reading. And even when there are some heartbreaking parts in the story, it’s also beautiful and deals with very important topics we should all talk more about and it’s nice to see that in literature.
I really enjoyed the book; I have read the other two books by the author and loved both LBTM and LCYW, but UTLSF is very different. You get to see other issues, other kinds of love and that makes it very special. I highly recommend it and I’m so happy and grateful of having the opportunity to read it early.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top